Terra-Nostra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Things Resource and Resarch

+5
Tetrahedron
Apathic
harbinger76
Agrajag
Adaven
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

All Things Resource and Resarch - Page 2 Empty Re: All Things Resource and Resarch

Post  Tetrahedron Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:37 am

I have a sneaky suspicion that they are going to do something similar to that of SpaceInvasion. I hope they dont, so we will see and that is restart all your research and what not on every new planet you colonize.

Wouldn't it also be a good idea to have a recycler to travel with 5 fighters, two ST in order to also recycle anything that might be left after a battle, or are you just attacking the non-active players atm?
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron

Back to top Go down

All Things Resource and Resarch - Page 2 Empty Re: All Things Resource and Resarch

Post  Adaven Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:53 am

Found the following on the boards regarding second planet.

Your biggest pain is no AEC, you have no power, and you need to set and have it pre-researched for your chosen planet type.

you cannot 'crash' naval blueprints with a second research centre. Crash meaning having more than one research building working on the same science.

Research carries over, however you need the resource capacity to research anything useful.
Note: Building requirements are STILL REQUIRED! ie: Building Yard level three is needed for the Arms Factory. Arms Factory 3 is need for the GAUSS gun etc.

Note: DO NOT send over more resources to the new planet that it can hold. you lose the resources.

Now that I have enough power and even a research station two things:
1. You can't research much with only 2000 of each resource.
2. You can 'crash' a research project (work extra on a current task) with the second research building

Note to self, don't send fighters to "station" the new planet immediatly. It eats up you new planets energy. Wait till you get sufficient power. And when you don't have a new fleet base on that virgin planet, you can't send the fighters back.

Everything starts new on a second planet.

New Resource storage
New Energy Reserve
New Fleet

You have to TRADE your resources from the first planet to the second.

Adaven

Back to top Go down

Post  Tetrahedron Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:11 am

So not entirely bad then, at least you have some sort of "starting" point at which to begin. So note to self, ensure I have plenty of resources to trade over once i have the room to move them over to the next planet.
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron

Back to top Go down

Post  Agrajag Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:41 am

Thanks for all the tips guys.

Once I get my new planet I think I am going to try in this order

Power Station - Wind or Hydro
Resource Stockyards 1 of each
Fleet Base
Research Centre

Then get some defences.

Then start some serious mining and hopefully fund some of you guys to catch up.

I am going to go for one of the planets in System [2:-5:6] as there are desert,ocean and ice worlds there and between us we can grab one of each. I think I am going to go for the Ice planet as my requirement for Deuterium is not massive at the moment. I only have 80 or so ships. Will probably go for ocean planet next time once I have a serious fleet.

Agrajag

Agrajag

Back to top Go down

Post  Agrajag Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:58 pm

They don't make this colonisation lark very easy.

Drop ship finished building and I immediately went into negative energy. Drop ship uses sh*t loads of energy. It does say on the ship specs but I didn't notice till too late. I have boosted my AEC up a couple of notches and don't have enough resources to go to the next level which would get me out of the mess. Frantically upgrading wind farms as fast as I can raid.

I don't know what the consequences of being in negative energy production are as I have always had plenty. Hopefully I will be able to get energy levels up before anything bad happens.

It still let me send it off on it's merry way though so hopefully it will get there before batteries run out.

Agrajag

Agrajag

Back to top Go down

Post  Agrajag Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:32 pm

Panic over - Energy production back finally above zero!

Drop ship on its way I will have new planet in 5 1/2 hours.

Yaaay!!!!

Agrajag

Back to top Go down

Post  Agrajag Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:39 pm

This is the longest flight ever. It's worse than flying easyjet.

Agrajag

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger76 Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:41 pm

Has anybody else noticed that the picture of the dropship is a Defiant class starship (ST-DS9) with a dome on the top instead of the ring? cyclops
harbinger76
harbinger76

Back to top Go down

Post  Apathic Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:59 pm

cool, i didnt notice that. but the only star trek ive ever seen is the new movie and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1eFdUSnaQM . Oh, and you can crash research if you get your research center to level 20 and make a new one on the same planet.

Apathic

Back to top Go down

All Things Resource and Resarch - Page 2 Empty Colonization

Post  Apathic Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:44 am

since one of you will get a second planet before me, is a drop ship the only ship needed to colonize or are there some defences that i need to destroy before it colonizes. and for those who are wondering 12 CU = 2,900 EP

Apathic

Back to top Go down

Post  Agrajag Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:45 pm

All you need is a drop ship as long as you are going for an empty planet and not invading someone.

Agrajag

Back to top Go down

Post  Apathic Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:06 pm

alright! 2 days and im there. i think im going to go for a desert planet so i can use the wind tech we already have. should i go for one right by your planet?

Apathic

Back to top Go down

Post  Agrajag Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:21 pm

If everyone aims to have their second planet around System [2:-5:6] then we can establish a stronghold there. I have grabbed the Ice Planet in that system.

Somebody worked out last week that that is the average of all our positions.

Looking forward to having a new neighbour.

Agrajag

Agrajag

Back to top Go down

Post  Apathic Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:06 pm

give me 39 hours and 5 mins plus travel time and ill grab P95759102. dibs on that planet btw. when you colonized did you get your 1000 energy back? i heard that it was kept wrapped up after you got the planet

Apathic

Back to top Go down

Post  Dicomamouk Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:47 am

I would like to take the planet P95759101(the other desert planet in system 2:-5:6), but if someone else gets there first that's ok. I'm taking it at first come first serve. I will then take a planet in the 2:-5:5 system. I should have a drop ship in about 4 days. Just waiting for resources to research a drop ship.(later today) If anyone has any other ideas then please let me know.

Dicomamouk

Back to top Go down

Post  Apathic Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:36 am

take P95839203 if you do, the energy at that planet is so much greater then any desert planet i've come across so far. 167 solar and 145 wind compared to 133 and 115 from P95759101. i would recommend it if you dont mind being one system away

Apathic

Back to top Go down

Post  Agrajag Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:50 pm

Couple of answers to some questions

You do get your 1000 energy back.

You can easily move ships between planets by stationing them on the new one. Once done they are completely in the control of the first planet provided you have a fleet base on there.

I have not even bothered to build any ship yards on 2nd planet, I just send them over from the first one.

Get an embassy as soon as you can. Remember you can lose this one if someone invades and you don't have an embassy.

Crashing Research sounds good but it won't help much till you can afford to get your second research lab up to a decent level.

You can send resources to your new planet from trade centre on 1st planet. You do not need a trade centre on 2nd planet.

Thats all I can think of for now.

Hope it helps.

Agrajag

Back to top Go down

Post  Apathic Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:41 pm

Colonization complete!

Apathic

Back to top Go down

Post  Wing029 Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:53 pm

Batleship research completed;)
next i'm goin for colonization;)

Wing029

Back to top Go down

Post  Apathic Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:58 pm

need a push? ill see what i can conjure?

Apathic

Back to top Go down

Post  Wing029 Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:03 pm

what do you mean by a push? and conjure? ( sorry my main language is french;)

Wing029

Back to top Go down

Post  Apathic Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:36 am

do you want some of my resources? ive got some extras for the time being

Apathic

Back to top Go down

Post  Dicomamouk Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:44 am

I just started building my drop ship. I was thinking about what Apathic said about going for the higher energy planet but I think we should colonize one system at a time and start to spread out from there.
After colonizing a second planet a third won't be far behind. Are there any other suggestions?

Dicomamouk

Back to top Go down

Post  Wing029 Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:49 am

Well Apathic if you have some ressource to spare i would be grateful yes. But don't ruin yourself. I was running with premium feature and it ended and i didnt realize i had 25% more ressources;) so now im a little screwed until i upgrade my mines lol

Wing029

Back to top Go down

Post  Adaven Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:21 pm

Alright have battleships and I am at level 4 colonization. Hopefully will get to build drop ship soon. I am trying to catch up with ya all. Will have to see if the robot factory will help with speed of building of the drop ships or not.

Adaven

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next